About the study
This study includes is design to include a multiple stakeholder view point and attempts to understand the education scenario in school, classroom, in family and in the community at large. We are reaching out to teachers, school leaders, parents, children, local governance and government officials for the purpose of the study.
The questions we are exploring through this study are:
- What is the purpose of education for the community members/other stakeholders?
- What are the expectations of the community (parents and students) from the school education system?
- What are the challenges that teachers and school leaders face to deliver quality education?
- What is the dynamics of the relationship between parents, community, school and governance in the education ecosystem of Ratlam and Ujjain?
- What are the scope of inculcating digital learning in the government schools of Ratlam and Ujjain?
We are doing this through in-depth interviews and online questionnaires.
Who are these youth?
We are referring to the adults who have crossed 18 and are below 35 years of age. We are trying to reach out to the youth of the two states of India; Madhya Pradesh and Himachal Pradesh. The districts we are covering through this study are Mandi, Kullu and Dharamshala in Himachal Pradesh and Ujjain and Ratlam in Madhya Pradesh.
About the study
The study is a Scoping Study to understand the lives of youth in the two states. We are trying to explore these questions through this study.
- How is the lives of youth situated in the context of rural and urban frameworks on MP and HP?
- What are the key factors (internal and external) contributing to Youth Development?
- What are the psycho-social needs of youth in MP and HP?
- How do the youth relate to their communities?
- How do the youth see their role in the social action required in their community?
We are doing it through in-depth interviews, group discussion and online surveys. Stay tuned for our findings.